Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by radar, Mar 5, 2002.

1. radar

radar Registered Member

Oct 28, 2001
    I have a 4 inch suspension lift but I would like to raise her
    up a little more. Would a body lift be the way to go.How long would it take to install a 2 inch body lift on a 86 K5 if I had a the tools needed. (Is this job a Ballbuster) Will there be a gap
    where the steering coloum goes through the dash area? Do I have to extend any cables if so does that stuff come with a body lift kit. Whats the best one?
  2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Mar 14, 2001
    Body lifts are inexpensive way to lift, but it can be a ball buster...I have never installed one but have plenty of friends the have, it will take you about a day in the driveway. No gap in the steering column...the only gap will be in the rear fenderwell about 2in wider. About every kits has all the pecies like steering ext. and emergency brake line relocation, also you might need bumper relocation brakets, the kit might include them but don't count on it...and you will have to lengthen you gas filler neck. Performance Accesories is the most pop kit I have heard of.