Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rchandler, Feb 24, 2003.

1. rchandler

rchandler Registered Member

ok I do know why not to do this but.......... has anyone ever run 2" lift blocks on the front. the reason i want to is for the stock ride. i have some nice 2" cast iron blocks from chevrolet that have an overhang lip that curves down over the perch. this is a street only truck with 33's that if anything will only be in light mud. let the comments roll

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Do not put blocks in the front!

If you are looking for a soft ride there are places that make springs that are the same spring rate as stock (Rancho isn't one of them!). They might even ride better because they would have less arch in them (stock springs are negative arch and 2" lift springs would be about dead flat).

Another good reason to go with new leaves is that your factory bushings are most likely shot.

3. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

my dad has had blocks in the front for 20+ years and has never had a problem.

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

well, i wouldnt, first of all, they are illegal in most states and all of canada. The problem is they put more leverage on the u bolts and is more prone to stretching them and snapping them off, therefore letting the front axle fall out on the freeway. I have seen it once, and it wasnt pretty. Id get some 2" springs or just do some minor fender trimming.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

if your seriously going to do this, please let me know, I'll make sure to never drive in TN with my kids in the vehicle.....theres a reason there illegal.............

Brandy

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

please do not put blocks in the front they are very dangerous to put in the front /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

oh i forgot to mention his hasnt been on the raod in almost 20 years either

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

If you want a cheap lift in the front, im pretty sure they sell add a leaves for the front springs, they are like 80 bucks or so and are suppused to be 2"of lift.

9. rchandler

rchandler Registered Member

you guy are right. i'll check on add a leafs tomorrow.
    thanks