Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift questions for blazer

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by hoppy, Mar 21, 2003.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

thinking about putting a suspension kit and tires and rims on the blazer(94) was thinking 3" lift with 32's......i just think 6" is to much or isnt it? will the 32's fit with the 3" lift? what other mods will i have to do besides just putting the kit in? any cutting? welding? any feedback would be helpfull. what are the better kits out there? can you mix and match parts.....say procomp lift with bilstein shocks or such?

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you are only gonna run 32s, shouldn't need a lift. The 265s are a little over 32" tall, just not the same width. You can put 33s on a 3" lift. I yanked all my IFS garbage out an put a real front end it, a Dana 60!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif As far as cutting or welding, I honestly don't know, never done one.

3. Miller

Miller Registered Member

you can mix and match difrent shocks to difrent kits, but you cant mix any kit components up like the drop brackets, cross members n such.

no on alot of kits not there is very little if any cutting and welding, with 6" kit the crossover pipe on the exhaust may have to be rerouted to clear the front driveshaft.

if you went with a kit desinged like the rcd then that is basicaly straight bolt on kit. wich means the truck can be takn back to stock.

the 265s will fit with no lift at all. and if theyre measuering 32"s then thats taller 265. 285s measuer 32.5.

no lift needed for the 265x75x16 tire

4. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

265s = 31.6"
    285s = 32.8"

you don't need a lift to fit them if you are using stock wheels.

if you go 16x8s, then 265s will fit, 285s will rub and you'll need a lift and/or trimming.