Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift questions, Which Front Springs w/shackle flip.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88Silverado, Jul 3, 2003.

1. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Mar 13, 2003
    Im gathering the parts for my 88 blazer lift.
    I bought some ORD 4" rear flips and aquired a pair of ORD Swaybar discs. Im going to be running 33's.

Im stuck deciding between the BDS 4" springs (can pick them up locally), the Tuff Country 3" HD's (close to the same spring rate as the BDS) or TC 4"

Since the rear sags slightly, I was thinking the TC 3" HD's may be a good choice but I really like the BDS 4" too.
    I just dont want the front of the truck up higher than the back again. (Plan on installing a 2nd battery, maybe tool storage and someday a new bumper with a winch so might be adding some weight to the front).

Which bushings. rubber, poly, greasable poly or greasable bolts with nylocks and rubber bushings all around? (will it still flex well?)

I know I need longer shocks but what about brakelines and dropped pitman arm?

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Mar 23, 2003
    I have the TC 4" lift on my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif, all spring. It rides very nice. The front has already settled an inch....

Either BDS or TC would be a good choice, I'd shop 4 price.

I like the rubber bushings. Grease them really good upon installation, and replace before the 20 yr. mark.

With 4 inches, you will need a steering arm and extended brake lines. I'd shy away from the extendo brackets.

I kind of wish I would have gone shackle flip with new OEM's....
  3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

May 25, 2003
    Im running (stiff)rancho 4 inch..ORD heavy duty shackles, full lube bushings... ORD flip kit for the rear with stock springs... 4 inch stainless braided lines
    ORD dropped steeering arm...
    Im using pro comp shocks
    Just installed everything ( model 60 and a 14bff)and the truck is sitting perfectly level with a tank of gas etc in it.. before the install it squatted in the rear (typical blazer)
    hope this helps
    cam /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif