Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Questions!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Charisma, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Charisma

Charisma Registered Member

If I order a lift from 4 wheel parts wholesale (that comes with shocks) is there anything else I will need in order to lift my Blazer properly? Also, will it come with instructions so I can lift it myself? Also, is there any difference in 4'' and 6'' lifts? (besides price) Thanks-!!

"Officer, I'm sure we can let this slide...."

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

The difference besides price for 4 and 6" lift is two inches [​IMG] I hope you get all your parts from 4wheelwherehouse!

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Also with a 6 in. Lift you will need to extend your drive lines. With a 4 inch you won't have to.... Does the 4 in. lift come with a dropped steering arm. If not it is a good idea to get one.

[​IMG]

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah you may need to order two lift kits...since they always mess up and send half the parts the two kits will equal one!

But really if you can physically walk into a 4WPW store and get it that and open up the box and make sure you have everything then go for it. If you have to do mail order spend the extra cash and buy it elsewhere but chanes are something will be messed up (if it is their customer service is awful and so not helpful)...have you tried Summit Racing yet? They are awesome- check them! <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.summitracing.com>http://www.summitracing.com</A>

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 04/17/01 06:17 PM (server time).</FONT></P>