Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3 on the tree, Apr 17, 2006.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I am looking at outting 4" lift springs front and rear on my 70. Will I need a 4" drop pitman arm? This rig is manual steer, BTW, so I foresee problems finding an arm for it. Also, what will a 2" body lift do to my clutch linkage and column shifter???? Thanks for any help, I'm getting tired of my "burro" getting sand kicked in its face.:D

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Ohh Ohhh looks like somebody else caught the sickness. There is a way to make the symptoms go away. It will take continuous copious amounts of 3 medicines. Modifications, currency, and wheeling trips. It never goes completely away The effects are just held at bay temporarily. :haha:

3. 3 on the tree

You just wait till I build a turbo, injected 292 to put in front of my 3 speed. AND, I'm not gonna spend any money on paint to smear on rocks.:haha: :haha: .Hey man, when is your gonna be back on the road?? I need another 1st Gen to look UP to!!!!

4. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

We gotta get you some power steering! If you lift that that thing and put bigger meats on it your arms are gonna get tooooooo big to drive it.

5. 3 on the tree

Don't want power steering or brakes. I want my braking and steering responses to be the same, whether the engine is running or not. I can feel what the truck is doing better with all manual controls. If I can't turn the wheel, there is something in the way that I need to investigate. Sides that, my little 6 popper doesn't need anything else robbing power from it.:D

6. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Hopefully I will get down to a shop in Montrose today to check on steering arms and a couple new heims and talk about getting some knuckles drilled. It only takes money and time and copious amounts of each!

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

:whistle: Get up and get down with the sickness.

8. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I hear you about the time and money part. The more I spend, the more time the wife has to spend at work, and on and on:crazy::haha: