Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, May 30, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Is it ok reuse the stock spring plates off my front corp 10? I have 3 of the u bolts and nuts I need, but one fell out during shipping, so where can I get another one (one of the longer ones is missing)? What size are the front and rear spring eye bolts? will I need washers for the spring eyes?

Does anybody know the extended and compressed length shock I will need for 4" RC springs with 1" zero rates, not moving the axle foward and using ford shock towers?

2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I'd call the place you ordered it from and tell them it was incomplete. Make them foot the bill for poor packing job.

3. 78Suburban

Nah, got it used, it wasn't this guy's fault, and he's already made it right anyhow.

I just need to know where to buy one of the longer u bolts for a 3/4 ton corp 10.

thanks,
    James

4. 78Suburban

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see which u bolt is missing, any part numbers for it?

the zero rate is set to move the spring foward 1", so I'll need to move it back to the middle position. How much torque will I need to put on the spring pins? any tips/ directions for setting this zero rate up back for the stock axle location?

I guess I can just look at how the zero rates are set up, and figure out what is the front of the springs. There aren't LEFT or RIGHT springs though, right? Either will work on either side of the truck?

5. 78Suburban

6. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

there is no left or right. The smaller eye goes to the rear shackle, bigger eye to the front hanger. It is ok to use the spring plates, but if it was me id get new u-bolts made up

7. 78Suburban

I had a major brain fart. I need another short u bolt, like two of them in the pic. I wonder If the long Stock u bolt would work, but reusing 30 year old u botls is probably a BIG NONO, I was gonna reuse these 3 ubolts in the pic, beucase they were just on a guy's truck for a short while. Maybe I can find one of the shorter u bolts, like in the pic at a auto parts store?

Does anybody know what size spring eye bolts I will need for the front, and for the rear?
    thanks,
    James

8. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

I would just get new u-bolts all around. I got mine from summit, kind of pricey. I think you can get them at your local napa store too.

9. 78Suburban

another thought, would I lose alot of lift If I took the bottom leaf out of these springs? I don't want it to rattle my teeth out.

I don't guess anybody knows spring eye bolt sizes right off hand, I suppose I'll have to take the old ones out and go find some at home depot or the hardware store.

10. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't fool with used u-bolts, get a new set from rough country, not that expensive.

11. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i think the front are 9/16x6" and the rear are 7/16x5-1/2? thats without having the truck here just off memory, as for the u-bolts most any semi-repair shop can bend them up for ya, just take one of the old ones and have them make you a new one, should be less than 10bucks