Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nschingeck, Nov 4, 2006.

1. nschingeck

nschingeck Registered Member

I have an 80 K5 Blazer with a 4" (all spring) that the PO put on and it rides like POOPY. I want to go to a 6" and want to know which is better a new lift all spring or just front springs with a 2" shackle flip? Also what is a good quality 6" lift?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

tuff country ez-rides are cheap and have decent flex. bds are apparently the best.. but i like my rough country springs... they are cheap and ride ok for the price. have you checked the ubolts and see if they are nice and tight. if the bushings are ok and such... does it just ride like crap or are there vibrations? if the springs in the rear arent worn then the shackle flip would be good.

3. nschingeck

It doesn't vibrate. I notice it more on speed bumps or crappy roads the back end bounces around alot. Everything is tight on it and i don't think that its that old, the PO removed 1 leaf to soften the ride.

4. SUPERSUB87

thats probably a good reason... the PO of my suburban did that to the front springs.. it rode like hell. the dual shocks helped it maintain but it was just to too soft. but im 100% sure. but the lift i put on it sure did fix it.

5. nschingeck

Do you still run the dual shock setup? I was looking into getting those as well but i have heard Mixed emotions about them.

6. SUPERSUB87

yeah... its nothing special... just a stiffer, balanced ride. more control. but if your truck didnt come with them. dont bother putting them on. youll be fine without them.