Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift question's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 Jimmy, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

ok, i know this has been covered but this is my plan for my lift. i'd like to know what you guys think i should do if this isn't good enough. i'm not an expert like most of you guys so let me know
    i want a total of 6 or 7 inches of lift

my plan for the rear was a shackle flip from DIY and some 2" lift springs
    for the front i was going to get some 6" springs

i know i'll need some knew shocks but not sure which ones (this is were i need ya'lls help) i also know that i'll need some extended brake lines. is there anything else? i already have a 6" raised steering arm, and i know i MIGHT need to lengthen my shaft.

keep in mind this is my DD but in the future it'll be my full time trail rig, so ride quality doesn't matter. i also would like to have alot of flex. but i don't want to put 52's or 56's up front, i'm no good at welding (yet)

so what do you guy's think? what else would i need or what should i change?

2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

if you wanna save some money...buy a set of 4 inch springs then 2 sets of zero rates one front one rear..with the shacle flip you will get 5 inches...use the sawzall for the rest...what tire you running???

3. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

right now i'm only running a 35" but when i go full trail rig i'd like to be running 38"-40"

4. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i would do the 5 inches..look in the classifides for some 4inch springs...as far as shocks i just run some bds shocks there like 15 20 bucks each...and go ahaead and get brake lines..about 100...my lif was all brand new from bds and was like 600 bucks...with brake lines..