Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear, Oct 9, 2002.

1. bear

bear Registered Member

Ive talked with the local 4x4 shop about lifting my 83 K5 on a budget of around $400. They recommended getting 2.5 inch lift blocks in the rear and 2.5 inch lift springs in the front. Are any of you guys running this setup or something similar? I want to lift the Blazer so I can run 33" tires. What other costs should i worry about (extended brake lines, new shocks, etc......) any advice or pictures greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

33x12.5 should be find with a 2 1/2" lift, but you may need to do some minnor triming on the front fender. First are you going to install it or are they? For $400 you should get shocks with the lift if you installing it. What brand are they selling you. You shouldn't have to extend the brake lines, no need to change the steering arm. I would recommend that you change the u-joints out though, due to they end up vibrating after you lift the vehical depending on how old they are.

3. bear

bear Registered Member

yeah, the $400 includes installation......I just bought new shocks, heavy duty Monroes so I didnt think that would be a problem. How bad is the vibration with the u-joints?