Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Dec 5, 2000.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

---(SHORTENED)---
    Well, I think I am going to lift my k5 over Christmas break, but I have some questions:
    1. I am going to put 4" blocks in the rear, my main question is what should I do with the front? I want to springs, but what size??? What about shackles??? I have a stock 88 w/ 10 bolts, and I don't want "saggy butt".
    2. I am buying some used 3 yr. old 4" Rancho blocks from someone w/ a k5, that person has a 75, will I be ok putting the blocks on my stock 88 w/ 10 bolts?
    3. Anything else I should buy? My list is as follows:

lift blocks for the rear
    rear U bolts
    4 rancho 9000s
    TC front springs
    steering arm

2. EODBRIAN

EODBRIAN Registered Member

Re: What to do??? (lift)

man, thats a lot of questions. i would give stephen at ord a call (970-945-7777) and explain your situation. ive dealt with him as im sure many others on the board have. VERY straight shooter as to your needs with no sales hype or b.s. hope all goes well. take care.

EODBRIAN

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Ok, someone has to be able to help me, its CK5! You guys know everything!

Dawson
    88 K5

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'll help. Ok, if you put 4 inch blocks in the rear shouldn't you get 4 inch springs in the front? WHAT ABOUT shackles??? How much are you paying for the used blocks? I think you should get new ones since they only cost about 20-30 $$. If you plan to flex the k5 you should get longer brake lines. That's about all you need added to the list. Remembere when you put the blocks in make sure that they are facing the right way. Good luck and I wanna see some pics after you are done. I thaught you were going with a shackle flip in the rear? $$ problems?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]