Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift questions?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aj_tatted, Sep 19, 2003.

1. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

hey guys, i started putting on my lift today and relized how far the drive line was extending. was is a exceptible length for it to be pulled out? also when pivoting my tranny what is the best possible way of doing that? i thought of putting spacers between the crossover brace and the frame but i'm not sure if this is how it's done. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

First I need to know how much lift your installing...generally lowering the drive train or pivoting the tranny is not needed....also if you pivot the tranny you put stress on the engine mounts....

3. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

the lift i put on was a 6" procomp suspension.i put 1" spacers between the frame and the cross brace under the transfer case because the angle looked to be to extreme. i'm getting alittle shimmy in low rpms from somewhere underneathnot sure what i tcould be.i appreciate any input you can offer.thnx aj /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

When i went from a 4" to a ~6" lift my driveshafts ended up too short and i got new ones built. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I also just looked at your profile and this is for your '84?
    Ya posted in the first gen '69-'72 forum... you might have better help in the second gen '73-'91 forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

you need to check to see that all yokes are on the same plane. this is most likly where you shimmy is comming from and you rear shaft yokes are most likly the culpret since you probably don't have it in 4wd going down the highway.