Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift qustion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by meangreen, Apr 27, 2004.

1. meangreen

meangreen Registered Member

I am looking at a buying 91 k5 and I want to know if there is any complete lift kits out there for them that lifts it 6inches or more that come with ALL the leaf springs and not just blocks for the rear, thanks, meangreen

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There are a lot of companies that make lift kits for your truck that come with both new front and back springs instead of blocks in the rear. Take your pick Rancho, Skyjacker, Tough Country, Rough Country...the list goes on and on. It will cost you about $300 more than a lift kit with blocks, but it is a better way to go.

I am thinking of ripping out the crummy 3-inch Rancho suspension lift (springs in the front and blocks in the rear) that came with my truck when I bought it. I want to replace it with a 4-inch shackle flip and greasable bushings kit from ORD, custom made rear OEM springs from Alcan, and custom made 4-inch lift front springs, also from Alcan.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I recommend BDS or tuff country for springs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. meangreen

meangreen Registered Member

I have heen looking at the procomps becuse I like the ones on my cjand I want to do 8in of lift total, I want to swap in a 14 bolt rear end and something bigger in the front(any suggestions)and run 38-40 inch tires, I chosse a k5 for the price(found one for 600 with out to many problems) and my cj7 dosent have the room for my family to take the trips with me(especally with paragon only 3 hours away) just looking for a lift it and forget it type swap(little to no brakeage) /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gifany suggestions?

5. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

BDS 8"

BDS has a break it we replace it policy hard to beat man...

and they are smooth and pretty flexy.