Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift requirements

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer-Boy, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Blazer-Boy

Blazer-Boy Registered Member

is there anywhere that there is information on how big of tires you can get with body and suspension lifts? (new and old chevy's)

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

3. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

4wheelparts.com has a chart but it isn't exactly ricght

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

lift,i dont need no stinkin lift.hahaha.you can fit any size tire with a sawzall.just joking.id never cut my blzer body.id try to stay away from body lifts also.a lower center of gravity is a desirable thing.suspension lift is much safer.when you do body lift it sometimes requires more mods depending on how much you put in.throws off some stuff. id say check the forums and maybe www.4wheeloffroad.com might have more info

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Registered Member

Take the 4x4 stores advice with a grain of salt. They claimed that I could fit 38's with a 6" lift on my Blazer and there is absolutely no way. I only ended up with less than a pinky's worth and 35's.

The best advice I can give is get the lift you want to have and then try to do some test fittings. It's probably the most accurate since no rig is the same after a lift - a truck with some type of block in the back since you may be using an old set of set of springs under it..