Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift ride quality????

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Hank75, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

i curently have a 4 inch Rancho lift w/blocks in the back. I want to improve the ride a bit and get rid of axle hop. What is the best way to do this switch to 4 inch leafs or keep the leafs i have and use you shackle flip kit. What will both these option do to the ride of the suspension ie more flex less flex etc.????????? truck is 75 bazer w/stock running gear and 33's using rancho 5000 at 4 corners
    Thanks for you time
    Hank75

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Get a 4" shackle flip from ORD to get rid of blocks. To make the ride smoother, get some 87-91 K5 rear springs, they're smoother than your 75 springs. You might also want to look into some RS9000s. Every truck I've seen (including my own) rides like sh!t with the RS50o0s. Others have noticed this as well. Hope this helps</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You might also look into switching the front springs to a softer rate. We've had several customers swap in TCI springs in place of the ranchos and were glad they did. Also, greased up poly bushings will help, as will the swaybar disconnects. Luckily with the 4" lift already on there, you can do all of this one part at a time if you want to. I'd suggest the springs first, then the flip, then disconnects, etc. maybe greasable front shackles with the springs also.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

4. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

thanks for your advice. well i already have the sway bar taken care i took it off last summer and threw it away.oops.
    so change up rear springs to something softer then get ORD shackle flip. Now i could just buy stock (rear) height springs and use the 4 inch shackle flip right?????
    thanks again

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    If it was that simple, ORD would be Billionahires. There are a lot of minor/major details that must be understood.
    Some are ride hidght(level), pinion angle,............ect.
    Good luck

6. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I installed a 2 1/2" shackle flip in the rear and swapped rear springs for some out of a '90 K5. I did the front with Tough Country EZ Ride springs and added greasable poly bushings all the way around. My K5 now rides VERY smooth.

This pic shows you the difference between my '84 stock spring (center one) and the '90 stock spring (other two)
    [​IMG]
    You can clearly see the difference the teflon pads make in the spring pack.

Anyway, I'm am very happy with my ride quality now. I prefer to drive my lifted K5 now over my MX6 [​IMG]

Oh, and I'm using RS9000 series shocks all set on 3. I plan to play with this adjustment, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thomas.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com>http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com</A>

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You're on the right track, softer fronts, and a stock spring in the rear should really help. The front is probably your biggest culprit right now, so look to take care of it first, then move back.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

8. Hank75

Hank75 Registered Member

thanks for your response. More summer projects to work on ................it never ends.