Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift ?'s

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazerboy72, Oct 12, 2002.

1. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

lift ?\'s

<font color="blue"> i am about to start gathering up parts for my lift and wanted to know what yall like best. First does anyone know if blackdiamond lifts or pro comp es9000 shocks are any good. And is 6" susp. and 2" body engough to run 38.5 ground hawgs /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif thanks</font color>

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: lift parts ?\'s

My opinion, I wouldn't use blackdiamond shocks if someone paid me. As far as the tire, you can run 38.5's with 2 1/2" lift with some trimming. But to answer your question, yeah it will work, you might need to do a little trimming though.

3. blazerboy72

i was asking about the blackdiamond lift i plan on using pro comp shocks thanx

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I don't know who makes black diamond lifts now that warn sold them to someone else. They used to be pretty good lifts for jeeps (since thats who they were designed for) but for all the other vehicles they were crap. Hopefully whoever is making them now is making them better.

5. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I would recommend Skyjacker. Thet make a nice spring. If you plan on running 38.5's, without butchering the body, I would recommend you go with 8" springs, and the 2" body lift. You should have sufficient clearance for some fun, without hacking the body /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Anything less, and you'll probably rub quite a bit. I have an 8' suspension, with a 3" body, and I still rub from time to time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. But under no curcumstances will I put a sawsall to my baby /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. blazerboy72

im not going to be doing a lot of rough stuff. i ussually only take offroad once a year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. well hard offroad. i will probably go with the skyjacker. thanx for the help

7. blazerboy72

so is 8' engough or should i go with 10 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I think 8' might be a bit much. Would be hard to keep U joints in it that high. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. blazerboy72

8 isnt to much but i think ten maybe. So how much lift do yall think i need with out cutting?

10. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I run a 6 in. sup. lift and a 3 in. body with 40 in. gumbo mudders and my tires will run under normal in town driving. so I am adding more lift. I think you would need at least a 6 and a 3 like i have to not rub at all. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. blazerboy72

yours are 1.5 bigger than mine so wouldnt that mean that mine would fit. i will go compare my tires and my dads(he has the same as you)