Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift suggestions for 4"

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blueturd, Dec 7, 2002.

1. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

Lift suggestions for 4\"

Im looking at raising my 72 4". Currently running 33's, but I am looking to go 35-37". What kits work best on rocks? Am not afraid of the sawzall!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Re: Lift suggestions for 4\"

You are going to want a relatively soft suspension for rocks... If it were me I would probably run something similar to a 4" Tuff country front and go with the ORD shackle flip for a total of 4" rear lift and run a set of revolver rear shackles (about 1/2" more lift)... that should give you a butt-load of articulation.

just my .02

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 4" lift and 36 TSL's. I have rancho (stiff!) springs in the front so I didn't have to do much trimming there. In the rear I have a ORD shackle flip and the axle moved back 1" with the front of the wheel well trimmed to the strut rod and the rear cut off 2" below the body line. I still need to do a bit more trimming in the front and rear but not much.

4. blueturd

blueturd Registered Member

Cool, thanks for the suggestions. Since the lower half of my rockers and wheel wells are rotten, I've already removed two thirty gallon trash can of sheet metal.
    SEE THEY DO FIT!

5. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

Hello,

I don't know if I already sent an email to you (sorry if this is a duplicate), but I am selling a 4-inch Rough Counttry suspension system that is coming off my 72 GMC Jimmy that includes:
    1) Front Springs (includes bushings)
    2) Reaer Springs (includes bushings)
    3) Six Nitro Gas Charged shocks (I run duals up front)
    4) U-bolts

The ride is excellent and I am only selling it becuase I am going with a larger lift and tires.

I have about $800.00 into the kit and am asking $450.00 for everything.

Let me know if you are interested,
    Scott