Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift swap from 76 Suburban to my 72 K5

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CarnivoreMan, Apr 25, 2006.

1. CarnivoreMan

CarnivoreMan Registered Member

Hey all. My brother and I have a 76 1/2 Suburban that we lifted 6" back in the day.. 6" Tuff Country springs in front and 2" Springs plus a 4" ORD Shackle Flip in rear. .. While I love the Suburban, we have too many vehicles and I'm thinkin about cannibalizing it for the benefit of my K5....

I noticed on ORD's website they have different shackle flips betwen my K5 and the Sub, so maybe that wont be a bolt on deal. Perhaps I'll need to buy a new one or make one... the main thing though, are all my springs usable on the K5?

Also, the sub has 36"x12.5" TSL-SX tires.. would those fit or will I need to do a smidge of trimming?

Thanks!
    :burb::k5:

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

The front springs will be too long unless you move your rear shackle.

Your rear springs will be the same length. The rear shackle flip for the rear axle could be used if you also changed to the 76's front spring hanger for the rear axle. Otherwise, the rear shackle bracket won't work.

I'll let someone else give there opinion on a 6" lift and 36" tires.