Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift/Tire combo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86haubs, Jan 3, 2006.

1. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

I just need to know if I run 6" lift will 37x12.50's fit w/o rubbing? I would rather not cut my truck. Would it be better to got 4" and 35's? I will not be doing much wheeling, just some mud every now and then. I have a d60 and 14bsf, 4.10's and no lockers. What other mods will I have to do for 6" lift, is making the driveshafts longer neccesary?

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 4 inch lift with 35's and had to cut. You will need longer drive-lines, and break lines.

3. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

For 4" or for 6"?

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Some of it depends on the particular truck and the wheel offset. My Burb does great with 35's and 4-5 inches of lift. It "self clearenced" a bit, but not bad. I would definately have to cut to go to 37's

5. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you will want 6 inch break lines

6. 86haubs

86haubs 1/2 ton status

You really think I would have to trim to run 37's with 6"? If so maybe I should just run 35's.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you obviously aren't worried about offroad performance...just get either 4"/35s or 6"/37s and run the stiffest springs you can buy (I'd recommend Rancho HDs). Even without an anti-sway bay, you won't have any flex, rub, or need to trim then. They will work great for your mall crawler. Drivelines will be fine, take 'em to a local shop and have them lengthened. It ain't to spendy. You will need longer brake lines (search for the part store #...) and probably shocks too (again, part store #, get some gabriels, they are cheap).

j

8. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i think you would be ok with 6 with 37 's . i have 6'' on mine and i ran 38's on my blazer i did trim some because if i hit a rut really hard it would rub so i think you would be good with those .