Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift/Tire opinion's wanted. (not a will it fit post)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BamBamblazer, Feb 10, 2004.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Lift/Tire opinion\'s wanted. (not a will it fit post)

Like i said this is not a will it fit post as i have a sawz-all and im not afraid to use it. Well not too afraid anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Right now i have 6" superlifts up front and blocks in the rear. I want to go with a homemade echobit style flip for the rear to get rid of the blocks. The front will probobly stay as is for now. I have 35x12.50's right now but i really want bigger. I'm still on 10 bolts but that is gunna change before i do anything else. So i guess what i am asking is should i stay with 35's or should i go to 38's or 40's and start cuttin. I need to get new wheels also as i am going 8 lug so do i stay with 15" or do i go 16.5" I know this is opening up a can of worms but i just want opinions on what you would do. The k5 will be street driven and i want it to be able to wheel with the best of them if you know what i mean. No extream wheeling, but i want it to be able to if i decide too.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Lift/Tire opinion\'s wanted. (not a will it fit post)

I would try to get a another 2" or so out of your 6" lift and get a 3" body lift along with a little cutting probably.
    Might as well go 40's if you are considering them because soon as you play with 38's, you will wan't bigger ones.(kind of like breasts, someones sig /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

I am not afraid of 16.5's myself but if you plan on airing down a lot then a 15 or 16" wheel might be a better choice.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

echobit with a 6" shackle and 57" springs should net 6" of lift (add a 2" lift spring for 8"). Trim the bottom ears off the back fenders, and start trimming in the front... 1-2" body lift and some good springs up front... 15" rims and 37-38" tires 5.13's... OH WAIT, thats the setup I'm shooting for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Stay at 6" and cut till you can put 40's on. Try to run 16" rims if your gonna move up to 1 ton stuff so you dont have to grind any. I plan on running 40's on 6 inches someday.

Nick

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I say brake out the sawzall and make some 40's fit. Here is a pick of my k5. Front is 4" rough county springs with 1" zero rate axle moved 1.5" forward.
    Rear is stock springs 1" zero rate echobit shackle flip

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go 40's. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Stick with 35s or 36s unless you get 1 ton gear. No sense in having $1200 worth of tires without the drivetrain to support it.