Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift/tire questions...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by newboy89, Nov 19, 2001.

1. newboy89

newboy89 Registered Member

guys,
    i am going to put a skyjacker 6" lift on my 89, first off what are the concerns w/ the driveshaft length ect? and second what are the absolut bigges tires i can stuff under this sucker w/ the 6 inches and what would be practical? the truck wont be driven daily but pretty often. it'll be my "bad weather car", my 69 firebird will fill in the rest of the time:-)
    and what axle upgrades should i consider, the truck has a half ton setup under it. thanks in advance.

charlie lamberti

2. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Well all trucks are different, but with the 6" lift you might need rearend shims and a driveshaft lengthened. Also front driveshaft might need to be lengthened or get skyjacker front driveshaftpacer. You could stuff 38"s under there but they will rub, personally I would go with 36" tires maybe even 37's.

350FI/700r4/NP208c/10b's ORD 4" Shackle Flip/ORD Disconnects <font color=red>NJK5</font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njk5club>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njk5club</a>

3. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

Uh... I wouldn't suggest running 38"s under a 6". I've got an 8" that i just put 38 TSL's on and it rubs the front fender sometimes on the street (like when turning up into a driveway or parking lot)! Plus I put 4.88 gears in to keep the ratio bearable. Also, a bright side of running the smaller tires is that it gives you more fender-well room which actually makes it look bigger. And they are cheaper!