Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift~~tires????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Aug 29, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

should i put a 6 inch suspention lift and 3 inch body and 40 inch tires on my k-5 ???....haha i aim really confussed on what lift and what size tires i wanna put on my blazer?......

thanks

2. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Go for it I would love to see a set up like that, from what I hear you may have to trim the fenders or get some cut outs though!

3. wheelin247

do u think it would be a good all around off road truck tho thats what i aim worried about u know ?

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

If you plan on using it for mud then go for it. If the blazer get driven a lot on pavement then concider 38s. Thats the largest available size for a radial(I think) They handle a lot better on the street and last longer.

[​IMG][​IMG]Chevy4x4

5. wheelin247

do u think that it would be good for some trails to u know like hill climbing too ?

6. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Boss used to have a 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body and he said he didn't like the 3 inch body lift because the body was slidin anround and he felt like he was gonna roll when he was trail ridin'. If you are gonna do trail ridin', you might want to only lift the body 2 inches and trimm the fenders a bit more.

[​IMG][​IMG]Chevy4x4

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well you're pretty vague in this. If you plan to wheel much, stock gears won't cut it with that big of tires and the axles probably won't without swapping to 3/4 ton gear or doing some big mods to them. Your whole drivetrain will be under a lot of stress and you'll probably break parts regularly. Big tires are cool, but you better have the drivetrain to hold up to them...and all that equals big bucks.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress