Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift with tires and wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZfromNJ, May 6, 2002.

1. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

I am looking to purchase a 4 inch lift with tires and wheels but how much should I expect to pay for the the whole package? Plus install?

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

what size tires you gonna run? that will make a big difference in price...wheels too...lets say about 1300 for wheels and tires...and maybe 500 to 600 for the lift...install i dont know as i would do it myself...

Later

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

wow! things must be real cheap out there! here, and probably more expensive in NJ, i set of bfg at's 35x12.50 will cost close to $1000 for four tires at sears. then 4 rims, if he wants anything besides the standard steel wheels (which is what i would get, but they aren't flashy) then that might be another $1000 bucks, and a 4" suspension lift which they only do around here with springs in the front, blocks in the back is like $500, you can get the springs in the back but then it is like $750. If you are going for flashy then it is going to be spendy. if you don't care what it looks like as long at it works and takes a beating then you will save some money, can save more if you do the lift yourself. still tires are going to be you most expensive part.

4. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

what I am looking to do is run 35's with a 4 inch lift, but I am worried about doing the work myself since it will be my first time doing it. How hard is it? As for the wheels since I have a black 74 K5 I think the AR 39 rims would look sweet on it.

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

sweet, another 74! i bought mine w/ the 4' lift on it and 33" tires. there wasn't any rubbing issues at all. i bought a set of bfg a/t's from a buddy for 150 bucks, that was a deal of a lifetime! and they rub all the time i think my lift is saggy and the shocks need to be replaced. but i hear that lifts are not that hard to install. just be careful when compressing the springs. those things will shoot out like a gun. sorry couldn't be more help, but i won't be doing a lilft until later this year.