Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b laub, Mar 31, 2004.

1. b laub

b laub Registered Member

if i was to put an 8 inch lift on my truck would i have to extend the drive shafts i know i have to extend brake lines and fix steering also what about a 6 inch lift would i have to extend the drive shafts then??

83 3/4 pickup 454

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

4" is about all you'll get away with before needing longer driveshafts. I have a 4" lift plus 1" zero rates and I am on the hairy edge of my driveshafts coming apart.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I just talked with a guy out at the the lake the other weekend who had a Burb, now i don't know about the Blazer, but his had a 6" lift and 35's and he did nothing to the driveshafts. Not sure how the Blazers would deal with it though. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

6in you can PROBABLY mabe get away with stock shafts but its not always a good thing to extend you slip yokes out...

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I agree, thats why i was going to go ahead and have them extended when i dump the 4" and install a 6" vehicular height adjustment components. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got away with 7" of lift and my stocker for a LONG time but knowing how far that slip yoke is pulled out gets to you and you will eventually break down and have some shafts built..