Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIFT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ross, May 5, 2001.

1. Ross

Ross Registered Member

I have a 86 stock Blazer and plan to lift it 6 inches. I want to get a superlift superide springs front and back, but do not know where to buy it or what the price will be with every thing that I need. any information would be helpful, thank you

1986 K5

2. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

this may help a little.... 4WParts quoted me $1,465 (including labor) for a 4" superlift with rear springs. The rear springs are about $190 a piece. You can also do an add-a-leaf and a small black to cut off a good bit of the cost.

85 k5 blazer with an old 305....must have more power! [​IMG]

3. 1big78k5

1big78k5 Registered Member

You can get a 6" superlift kit with front and rear springs, shocks and hardware from National Tire and Wheel for around $550.00

'78 K5 SB400, T350, NP203, 35" Swampers

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Ross, Unless you are dead set on Superlift, avoid those 6 inch springs, they are hard as bricks and don't off much flex. I have a pair of four inch I swamped from my a sub I bought to my k5, and they have about no flex. I would suggest Rough Country four inch and cut away sheet metal for the rest of your clearance issues. Right now I am running four inch superlifts, bottom leaf removed, and am clearing 35s with a good amount of sheet metal cut. Just my 2 cents worth. Hope all goes well.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

5. Ross

Ross Registered Member

When you say that the springs are as hard as bricks did you have the superlift HDs or the superrides because the super or soft rides should have more felx.

1986 K5

6. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

General, I have a question, are you clearing 35"s with sheet metal cut away for flex. Did you cut the sheet metal for flex or just to fit 35"s. Because with my 4" lift, i have 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers and there is plenty of room.

[​IMG]<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red>

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Ross here is a little bit more info on srings.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://coloradok5.com/tech.shtml>http://coloradok5.com/tech.shtml</A>
    At the botom of the page is the rate chart for the manufacturers springs.

[​IMG] Dont steal my truck..I dont need anymore worthless junk over my fireplace.