Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. K5Buckeye

K5Buckeye Registered Member

Rough Country lift went in easy and I'm very happy w/the ride. It's about 3 weeks old. Well, got a chance today for a front end alignment. The fellow told me it doesn't turn all the way to the right. I never noticed b/4. Never had to do a right hand U-turn. It is annoying as I tried to swing into a parking space. Found that out just now at Home Depot. So, how do I correct it? A dropped pitman arm?
    Thanks.

1972 K5
    1991 Jimmy

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Is your drag link level (parallel to the ground) if so you can adjust that to get your turns equal. What I did was went to a parking lot and drove with the wheel cranked in one direction then the other way and adjusted the drag link until the circles were the same. Make sure your steering stabilizer in centered also.
    Good luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I don't think anyone makes a dropped pitman arm for the Gen1. They do have raised steering arms and S-shaped drag links for our Blazers, though. Depending on how much lift you run, either the S-shaped drag link or the raised arm (or both) may be necessary. Some of the raised steering arms seem to introduce a lot of bump-steer into the suspension. A friend had one with his 4" lift setup and it was awful. Changing back to the stock steering arm and going with an S-shaped drag link greatly reduced his bump-steer.