Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about getting my 87 K-5 lifted but not sure if I want to put 33's and a three inch body or put 35's with a four inch suspension lift.I would go with the four inch with 35's in a minute if I knew that 10 bolt rear would hold with those 3.73 gears what should I do yall.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

First of all, what type of wheelin do you do? If it is mild to moderate and you dont have a heavy right foot, you will be ok with the 10 bolt and 35's.... And i am not a body lift person, I stay away from them at all costs! Yuk!!

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

most of the wheeling I do it is pretty light ,but on the street I give it the occasional to the floor but not on every traffic light I guess If I do get 35's and something goes bad I will just replace it.

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Dont worry... 10bolt isnt as bad as people put it out to be... they msotly break under conditions of small geras, huge tires, equped with weak gov-lock, and hard wheelin... my 10bolt hasnt shatered or busted... i run 4.56 gears with 35's gunna step up to 36 or 38... going to put an eaton posi in , in january. As long as you dont do anything hard core or rock crawl you will be fine.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    In desperate need of a rebuild.
    Next- Eaton mech locker... Flows.

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Go for the 4" and 35's... it is a great look!
    If you have to change gears from what you have... get 3/4 axles and be done. It will be cheaper then a re-gear and you will have no worries. Learn from my mistake. Also if you have the 700r4 tranny (OD) then go 4.10's or 4.56's w/ 35's or 4.10's w/ 33's

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

6. 84silverK5

84silverK5 Registered Member

i sport a 10 bolt (not for too much longer) with 38"s and 3.73's and i wheel somewhat hard, it hasnt done anything yet, but down the road youll want a 3/4t rear if you step it up in the wheeling aspect