Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKSRULE, Mar 27, 2002.

1. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

I have a 91 Suburban 2500. What size tires can I fit with a 6 inch soft ride lift?

2. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

35s-36 inch tires. u really shouldnt be going any bigger w/ IFS

phill

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I could have sworn that suburbans got straight axles until '91! I have 6'' ez-rides on my K5 w/35''s and they pound the fenders on high speed dune runs but on the trail they dont rub too bad at all. With a little bit of trimming they wont touch at all.

4. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    On the street you could probably get away with 38's. Any kind of off roading and you could get away with 35-36's no problem. If you have swaybar disconnects you will need to trim some off the back of the fenders though.

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

so if you stuffed 38 under a 6 inch lift they would rub all over the place offroad. my 35's rub on the road everytime i turn but i only have a 4 inch lift

6. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

so if you stuffed 38 under a 6 inch lift they would rub all over the place offroad. my 35's rub on the road everytime i turn but i only have a 4 inch lift

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

people really need to utilize the search button Steve has given us...

8. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

are you referring to the search button that doesn't work whenever you are trying to find something. For instance i search for key words like 454 engine and one day i will get no hits come back but you type in 454 and you get back all sorts of posts from everyone who has 454 in their signatures talking about everything from eating donuts to what is the best color for a shop rag? I personally have stopped using the search button becuase it causes more frustration than it is worth. Why spend 12 hours searching for the right answer when people are nice enough to answer it when asked directly. To everyone who answers questions i applaud you. To everyone who can effectively use the search option becuase they already know the name of the post they are referring to, i applaud you. to everyone who has to keep reminding everyone to use the search button, WTF! it is like going to a library and asking the lady behind the desk where can you find a book with the call number QL124.7 N45 1997 (that may be a real call number but i just made it up off the top of my head) and she says i don't know i just work here but have you tried the computer search.! of course you tried the computer because you already know the call number but it didn't tell you where in the library the book is. same thing about the search feature here. sometimes, especially if people are new and don't understand the organization of the site or are not that computer literate, the search feature does nothing for you. Sometimes it will answer your question but more times than not it will only leave you with more questions. Then what are you supposed to do ask a new question that someone will answer wtihout thinking twice about it. Again for all those who answer questions you are truly appreciated. And then someone will go and say something about using the search feature and cause all sorts of menacing stares at the computer screens across the country. I think I have made this point before, maybe someone should check using the search feature.

sorry to rant so long, and this isn't aimed at zakk, actually I was reading through one of his rants on avatars and I completely agree with him on that. also sorry to grim because i know this is in a tech forum and belongs in the garage, but i had to say something. so to put it back onto a technical note. 38'w will fit under a 6 inch lift but you are going to rub plain and simple unless you hack.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

this question has been answered in so many ways on so many threads, by so many people it is getting crazy. I used the search option alot when I was lurkiung here. Nothing wrong with sorting throught what has already been answered. In fact, i got alot of info just reading a ton of posts that had nothing to do with what i could afford, acomplish, etc.

The end of these problems is coming, i just need to find the time...

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

we all need to just chill, and not turn into the guys like on pirate4x4 boards