Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift???????????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mud Bath, Aug 29, 2000.

1. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

What kind of stuff do i need to know before purchasing a 4in lift? (driveshaft, brake lines, t-case, steering). I don't do any hardcore fourwheelin. I have an 88k5 with a np208 and 10bolt rear.

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I can't really tell you everything you will need cause that depends on your blazer. You probably will need new brake lines and maybe a dropped steering arm. You might need to drop the t case or lenghten the driveshafts. You could use shims in the front as well but I don't think its a really good idea. Before you lift the blazer, make sure to re enforce the area around the steering box. As you probably know already, blazers tend to crack around the steering box.
    Good luck

[​IMG][​IMG]Chevy4x4

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

My Tuff Country 4" lift wasta bolt on for my '85 Blazer, didn't need anything else besides shocks. There weren't even any problems with vibrations even at 85mph.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

For my 4" lift i had to lower the t-case, not because of vibration, but because the front driveshaft was hitting the crossmember. I have a raised steering arm. As for the brakelines, mine were not long enough to allow a lot of flex, so I have ordered new ones. Every k5 is different, you will just have to install the lift and then test her out.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas