Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the best way to go if I want to increase my rigs height by about four inches, body or suspension lift? I want to be able to clear 35's so I figure 4 inches should do the trick. Right now I have 33's and there is no rubbing, does this mean I already have some type of lift or is that stock height?
    thanks
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

4" is definitely safe for 35" tires. I went suspension on my 79' I wanted more ground clearnace and better articulation. My 79 wouldnt rub with 33x12.50's either. I dont why some blazers do and some dont. I do know as time goes by they sag in the front and rear.

2. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Are there blocks between you rear springs and your axel? If so you're already lifted. Many guys in here will agree that 33's will fit on a stock rig, so you probably don't have a lift right now. And I think everyone will agree that you don't want a body lift. A spring lift with the rear shackle flip (see main page for tech article) will give you 4" of nice tire-clearing flex, but you still might have to trim a little bit to fit 35's.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com