Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifted 52's up front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Aug 22, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Lifted 52\'s up front?

I'm looking to gain about 7"-8" of lift and move my axle foreward 1"-2". I've got a set of stock 57" ford springs but I believe they will move my axle foreward too much and not give me enough lift. My current setup is 6" BDS springs (new, installed for 2 months, not broken in yet) and ORD greasable shackles. I've got a Dana 60 front, cross over steering and 44" TSL's on 12" wide rims. I have no body lift either and major fender hacking is the idea. My main question is, will a 4" lifted rear spring give me about 7-8" of lift when I remove the overload leaf? I am trying to match the lift I got in the back when I switched to 63's and added a longer rear shackle (maybe 8" total with a 2" block /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) I'm going to try to re-use the ORD shackle and not have to use a zero rate up front (which is what I'll have to do with my current springs) What can I do guys? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Re: Lifted 52\'s up front?

From what I have read using stock rear springs gives about 4" of lift. Some rear lift springs don't come with a overload so keep that in mind. I also don't think you will want to keep the ORD shackles...too short!

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I think you're right, the ORD shackle would be too short. Though it wasn't too short to hit my new headers when I tried installing them tonight /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Stupid Hedman headers!!!

4. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just finished this on a blazer this weekend. He started with 10.5" lift. We swaped in 6" BDS rear springs and a ORD zero rate. (he already bought U-bolts for that thick of a pack. Ended up being around 12" of lift. We pulled the overload sping and the next spring up in the pack and it ended up being 10.5" after that. Way soft now should have some crazy flex. After we bolt the winch and bumper back on (won't fit with the relocated shackle) I think it will settle another inch. I think he will probably need to install some bump stops to keep from over flexing. If it sags too much we can always just add the bottom spring back.