Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifted 56's to match front lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by justiz00, Mar 2, 2007.

1. justiz00

justiz00 Registered Member

Background: 82 frame with D60 front 8" superlift springs. 14ff with DIy4x rear shackle flip. Brackets mounted backwards (opposite sides from stock) with 6" shackles for better angle. I need to know what lifted 56's will match the 8" front lift 2.5" w/ or w/o zero rate, 4". I expect the front to drop due to the weight of the diesel but do not know how much. Prefer it level, but whatever works.

Thanks in advance.

justiz00

I have searched and spend days (cumulative) reading old post if I think they may help me. I have seen no info saying swapping a stock 56" in place of a stock 52" yields me X" of lift (if any).

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

with a flip, you will need 4-5" ifted 56's, they dont net you any lift by switching from 52s to 56s

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Huh? :thinking:

Fyi, flips & longer shackles aside, swapping from 52's to 56's springs in the rear does not net any additional lift.

4. justiz00

Those were the increments of rear lift on the superlift website. 2.5" and 4", I just put the zero in there to split the difference. That is what I needed to know. Ill order the 4" springs soon. Sorry if my post is hard to read. I was nervous about my first real post in here and proof read the post 20 times and still flubbed it up. Thanks for the smoking fast reply!!

Justice

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Way off topic, but where are you in Texas? We are trying to get a group together to go to shiloh ridge ohv april 20-22. See the calling all texas folks thread.

6. justiz00

Waco, I saw the thread but have to work Sat. Sun. and Monday. Maybe when this pile of parts resembles a vehicle Ill make the trip.