Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lifted cherokee

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by 84Blazr, Dec 13, 2001.

1. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

anyone have a lifted cherokee?? if so, w/ add a leafs? i was wondering if anyone has had problems w/ the AAL's losing their spring rate and flattening out...if they did how long did it take?

<font color=red>Wheelin' and Jet skiin'..........Life is GOOD!</font color=red>[​IMG]

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I had an '88 with Rancho 3.5" lift...new coils for the fronnt and add-a-leave in the rear. It never sagged that I know of.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. 84Blazr

yeah thats the same setuo that I have. Glad to here it didn't sag. thanks.

<font color=red>Wheelin' and Jet skiin'..........Life is GOOD!</font color=red>[​IMG]

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

how hard were your kits to intall? we're doing this around x-mas to my friends cherokee, and was wondering what im in for.

-matt
    <font color=purple> "Stuff's only good for 2 things, degreasing engines and killing brain cells"</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</a>

5. 84Blazr

Well all the bolts came off somewhat easily. the rear tends to be a lot easier than the front. just let the rear droop, but support and take off the U bolts, insert the add-a-leaf(unless replacing the whole back) and put it back together. watch the brake lines in the rear when you droop. For the front, I needed a spring compressor to get the coils out cause I couldn;t lift it high enough to droop enough. There are a lot of sites that offer a lot of info w/ full step by step directions. www.rocky-road.com I only lifted if 3", but if you go larger than 4.5" things can get a little more tricky. good luck.

<font color=red>Wheelin' and Jet skiin'..........Life is GOOD!</font color=red>&lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/cool.gif"&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 84Blazr on 12/13/01 07:21 PM.</FONT></P>