Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifted impala

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by impala, Feb 9, 2003.

1. impala

impala Registered Member

Here is my lifted impala http://bigboytoys.8k.com/pictures2.html . It is a 1970 impala custom, on a 3/4th ton 4 wheel drive dodge truck frame, big block 455 buik engin, and random other stuff.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I saw the best car/truck I have ever seen a couple days ago. It was a fastback mustang on I am guessing a bronco frame. It wasn't lifted anymore than the body lift required ot put the car on and those usually look ugly but this was cool. Had a light on the roof and he was plowing a driveway /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Would probably looked real nice with some 33s and agressive tread. Pics look a little photochopped, could be wrong but yeah to me they do.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

that thing is sweet, looks like you beat the piss out of it too ;P

4. impala

impala Registered Member

The guy that owned it first put all the dents in it. Its also really rusted in parts but who cares its just to drive off road and have fun (geared down to a top speed of 45 mph). We are in the process of cleaning it up and repainting it flat black.

5. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yes it is real i have seen it and heard it run its got a lot torque as he was backing it up the driveway and it was turning its tires over by just letting off the brake Ill be haulin it sometimes for them We hope to have it all done for the Tellico trip on Apr 24,25,26 so some of yall can see it. its having trans. prob's right now its only got reverse. well be dropin it out and 1 one of 2 ways to fix it 1 get one from junk yard 2 take to my school and have the later on class guys repair it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif http://bigboytoys.8k.com and www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

6. impala

impala Registered Member

We have some new stuff to put on it that arn't in the pics. 33 baja claw radial, skid plate. we have to get new wheels for it becuase the claws are 16 and are wheels are 16.5. We are also moving the rear bumper back another foot. We have a brand new convertable top for it to.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Wow!
    Interesting Rig!
    That thing might actually have more rear overhang than a Suburban!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. impala

impala Registered Member

Mabey not sure. Its really long the beam bumper is wealded to the end of the frame and the body goes an extra foot past that.

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

shaggy may have a place for a pic of that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i bet you dont have to worry about center of gravity as bad thats for sure, but you still need a roll bar in it.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

curses.. why does the "chicks" link have to be not working? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

11. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

holly frigin pop up's are there pics behind all those frigin pop up's /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

anything to keep the sites free but still its only 2 at time instead of 50 from other sites.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif http://bigboytoys.com and www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

13. impala

impala Registered Member

ya I made the site to basically host the impala pics. I might finish the site eventually. And if I do finish I may find sombody to host it without banners and popups.