Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lifted k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85rebelk5, Apr 9, 2002.

1. 85rebelk5

85rebelk5 Newbie

im planning on lifting my 1985 k5 blazer 4x4 with a 12 inch superlift and 39 inch super swamper tires,i need to know if this lift kit is worth the price and how the ride is on the street?and will i need to have the driveshafts lenthend?

thanks

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

12" lifts ride like $hit. You wont be able to steer unless you do crossover steering ($$$). The driveshafts need to be lengthened alot, t-case has to be dropped alot, and its really hard to run a front driveshaft. The front driveshaft will eat u-joints alot. BTW is this your first truck? If so start off small and work your way up. Not know how to drive something that big could get someone hurt, including yourself.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

39" swampers on 10 bolt axles?/ YIKES
    a 12" lift will ride pretty rough do to the arch of the springs.
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Is it worth it?

<hr></blockquote> as aposed to what? running a shorter lift with a body lift? or a add- a -leaf/ shackle lift...misc.combo??

and the driveshafts will need to be lengthened if you are going that tall.

gears will need to be swaped in and a tranny cooler is a must if you have the 700r4.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

BTW 4" lift and 39s look better and perform better for offroading. I can do alot things in my Jimmy that bigger trucks cant. It helps having lower gears, lockers and a lower center of gravity so you dont roll.

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Fill out your profile and do some major research