Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIFTED SUB WITH SPINNY WHEELS(PIC)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Nov 3, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG] SOMEBODY SHOULD SLAP CLEAR GEARZ /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what a joke /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

What a wasted effort /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifuke: /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

R those the people that make those clear diff covers? I WAS thinking about getting one but now im not just because of the crap.

nick

5. rjfguitar

yep thats the clear diff cover guys, I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from them after cruising through their projects. Just a bunch of 30" lifted new trucks with 44's and 1/2ton crap. I thought those rediculuos stupid spinny wheels looked gay as hell on lowered 2byrs but to see them invade our 4wd hobbie makes me disgusted. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Now that is a waste of a good burb /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

uhhhh...ok...that is not usefull for anything.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I actually think the spinny wheels are cool, but definitely not on a lifted 4x4!!

9. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Got to love the lack of driveshafts...really gets you around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

ummm how bout the lack of leaf springs? or any other springs for that matter...

that thing probably rides like a roller skate...

Later

11. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Uh, thats the progress pic from when they were building it into what you see on the first post of this thread...

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey good call jason...i didnt even pay that much attention to it

Later

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nuttin wrong with clear gears. they know their most likely market is show truck peeps, so thats who they market to. its all good. For us 4x4 peeps, clear gears do have some good features... they are light weight.. they let u see if there is water in ur diff after that water crossing, and they seem to be pretty stout to. Sure, in petersens a bulldozer was able to destroy it... but it didnt have a rig gear behind it and it WAS a bulldozer!! I think for most peeps who wheel the CG would work fine. The 1% that really beat the living snot out of our trucks on boulders... might not work as well... but the same could be said for a lot of diff covers out there.

j

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

15. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    nuttin wrong with clear gears. they know their most likely market is show truck peeps, so thats who they market to. its all good. For us 4x4 peeps, clear gears do have some good features... they are light weight.. they let u see if there is water in ur diff after that water crossing, and they seem to be pretty stout to. Sure, in petersens a bulldozer was able to destroy it... but it didnt have a rig gear behind it and it WAS a bulldozer!! I think for most peeps who wheel the CG would work fine. The 1% that really beat the living snot out of our trucks on boulders... might not work as well... but the same could be said for a lot of diff covers out there.

j

[/ QUOTE ] I personally don't care how strong they are, all I said is I wouldn't but anything from them just because of their rediculuos projects, not because I'm worried about how strong their covers are.

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i kinda thing the clear gears thing is cool, just throw a rock ring or some other type of cover protector on there and i bet it would be just fine for 90% of wheeling.

17. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

and also about the sub, you dont have to look that close to see the air bags are fully inflated. Thus that thing could look just as reasonable as any other lifted sub. As was said it is a show truck becouse thats the most likely market.

18. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I get the "wheel base thing" now.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I saw that at a local 4x4 show /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif He can sit the body right on the tires with airbags.

20. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from them after cruising through their projects. Just a bunch of 30" lifted new trucks with 44's and 1/2ton crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

RANT ON!
    Why, are they imposing on you? Despite the size of the tubing, that is some decent fabrication on the cradles and bags. BTW, I'm pretty sure they have a rear 14B on it so it has the same drivetrain as YOU. Hell, they could've gotten thier spring packs and put more arch in them than the u-bolts that hold them down; but they chose airbags. Besides, it's a show car, I'm sure as hell I won't see it at a CalRocks event!

I used to have a problem with trucks like that, but you know what? It's THIER truck, not YOURS. They like it, and it's how they want to express themselves. Just think of it as one less asshat tearing up private property and closing our wheeling lands.

I'm sure a lot of people don't like your blazer with it's fron 10B and boggers and some don't like my Jimmy with it's D60 and 37's becasue it's overkill. Face it, we can't all build our rigs the same.

RANT OFF!