Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lifted trucks in Virginia

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Aug 5, 2002.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

I cant recall off hand the max legal bumper hieght in Va just curious how high you guys have gone and if you know its legal or not what size tires and type of tires and what size and type of lift ive finally gotten a job i should be able to afford to get my truck on the road and start getting it up in the air a bit not sure if it has a lift on it now but it seems to be clearing BFG 33x12.5x15s fine but ive never driven it
    any help is appreciated

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

well...if you want you can come up to richmond and check mine out or next time in going through hampton ill get up with you

but im running 8" springs up front and 6" springs in the rear with 39 boggers...i sit a little higher than legal limit but i dont really get messed with...dont drive like an [censored] and they wont really mess with you...around here anyway

by the way the max bumper heights are as follows:

this is bumper height <4500 GVWR=28
    4501-7500 GVWR=29" front, 30" rear

this is frame height <4500 GVWR=28"
    4501-7500 GVWR=29" front, 30" rear

3" body lift is the maximum here in the commonwealth too

any more ?s just ask, call or get me on icq

Later

3. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

thats what i thought it was but wasnt sure im just hoping to get away with 38's and 6 inchs of lift 3 inch body fender trimming and if nessecary then 1 inch spring spacers in how far from legal are you you know and one of these days ill have to check out your truck you seem to be one of the closest ones around ive seen a bunch of k5s around here but most seem to be pavement pounders and arent much into talking cuz they are all yuppies

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

umm im about 3 inches over in the front and right near it in the rear...you should be fine with 6" suspension and 1" body...depending on what 38s you wanna run...me, i hate body lift so im trying to stay away from it

http://.coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq47/aax

sorry for the dark pic but thats me by my truck...im right at 6' tall or so...

yeah man any time you wanna check it out or meet in williamsburg or something let me know...im always up for a little blazer bullshittin'

Later

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just FYI, I ran 38x15s on 10" rims with 4.25" of backspacing on 6" of lift and heavily trimmed fenders and had virtually no rubbing, what little there was was minor and only under hard flex with the wheels turned nearly to the lock. There are guys running 38s with as little as 2.5" of lift on here also. </font color>

6. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

38's seem to be the best bet around here for our red clay mud and gumbo mud that we have need a deep tire because most of the mudholes around here are fairly deep but i need to find new place cuz thev have either filled in or closed off the old ones i used to goto

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i ran some 38x12.5s on my blazer with just 6" of lift...

Later

8. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i've got 35 x 12.50 bfgs on right now with your set up. i get some rubbing, but i will be going to 38.5X14.50 on a 6 inch lift with some trimming sometime this year. especially since i got a line on a 14 bff with 4.56 and a detroit with perches already moved from a local guy here for $350. i might end up using zero-rates or add-a-leaf too. The most body lift i think i will do might be 1" to make a little room for a doubler if i ever get one. but that is down the line. got to deal with all of this rust first.

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

tell you what...once you swap in the 14 bolt it will give you an extra inch or two in the rear just because of the sheer size of the axle and tubes...

Later

10. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

that is very cool, i am picking up the axle sometime this week, but i leave town for a few days on thursday, so no ucp. Dang, i really wanted to meet up with all of you and your tricked out rigs so i could swap, errr, i mean drool over all the parts on your truck. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

haha good one

man anytime you wanna come up here and meet up with me or whatever...just let me know...im up for a little ride

btw...it sucks you cant go with us, theres always next year

Later

12. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

definately next year. it will be too much fun. and i will try and get up with a couple of the other greater hampton roads k5 owners and we can all make a run somewhere. i know bee is out to sea right now but when he gets back he is going to have a stroker in his k5, lucky bastid.

13. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, i'm another virginia k5 owner. it's good to see some others out there. I live in richmond, and have never had a chance to take my truck in any real mud, i would love to meet up with some of you guys when you go out. btw do any of you now anyone looking to get rid of some 33" or have any other spare parts (th350, gears for 10 and 12 bolts) I need a few things to get my truck street worthy again (as usual). Thanks

14. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

where in richmond are you? im in chesterfield...

let me know if you wanna get up here in the next few days...ive got em off of work

Later

15. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

i live in the fan downtown, i grew up out in chesterfield, my folks still live in brandermill now. I'd like to try to catch up with you, maybe next week? i'm going out of town on wednesday, I need to put my exhaust back on my truck and get some new tires before i can do anything with it anyways (i'm ridig on a spare that's two inches smaller then the other 3)

16. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

haha you must have gone to clover hill then right?

im right over on the other side of 360 on spring run road...i went to manchester...

hell yeah ill be in PA from thursday to sunday for the paragon trail ride but give me a pm or something next week and ill get up with you...might be able to help you on the tire situation

Later