Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. PROOUTLAWHOTROD

PROOUTLAWHOTROD Newbie

I HAVE AN 86 K5 W/ A 468, 12" SUSPENSION LIFT, AND 44" BOGGERS. I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE PROJECT YET. HOW DO YOU DROP THE T-CASE? THIS SHOULD HELP DRIVELINE ANGLE RIGHT? IS THERE ANOTHER WAY? I'M ALSO ADDING CUSTOM LIFT BLOCKS AS WELL AS A SMALL BODY LIFT. BESIDES MOVING THE SPRING PERCHES AND CORRECTING STEERING GEOMETRY WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO. IS 5.38 GEARING A GOOD RATIO FOR A MUD TRUCK/DRIVER?

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    Dropping the t-case involves putting small spacers (inch or less)between the crossmember and the frame. This obviously changes the driveline angles. Do you have a front driveshaft anyway ? 12 inchs is mighty tall. Measure the angles to find out if lowering the yoke on the t-case will help correct your rear driveline issues.
    Custom lift blocks ? Don't use on the front..please. Buy aftermarket blocks for the rear if you really need them..they are cheap and cast iron. Maybe a shackle flip might be in order for you.
    How much more clearance do you really need? There are guys on this site with 7 inchs of lift or less running 42's. Your center of gravity might get to you.
    5.13 gears are the tallest you can go for the most part with common axles. 7.17 with a rear dana70 i believe.
    Blake

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

a 14ff will only hold a 5.13........... Dropping your tcase will hurt your front and help your back, i dont know how your going to run a front Drive shaft, guess your gonna have to give jess a call at High angle driveline, you should be able to run your 44"s easily without raising it anymore then 12 inches, jsut do some fender trimming,

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Youll have to clearance your front CV to get enuff droop to reach a 12 in lift, and even then you may still have some issues.

Im at 8inches suspension and have clearanced my front CV, I dont think theres too much room left to go up. I have seen plenty of GMs on 12 in lift around my area, but have never thought to look at the front shaft.

PLEASE dont use front blocks under any circumstances. A friend of mine had a 3in block pop out on him and the damage it did was crazy. Not to mention the front axle was now loose. Fortunately he was only moving about 10 MPH.

And finally click the link in my sig to find some more Fla based wheelers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif