Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lifters

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bandit, May 16, 2001.

1. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

collaspes lifter???????? my dad tells me this is whats wrong with my balzer i haveing got chance ot talk to him about it yet so ill ask you guys what does this mean?? and how much will it cost to fix??

Bandit aka AJ
    Ahh look at that cute little jeep i think my 3yr old niece has one like that KNOW MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY!

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

basicly the seals are gone in the lifter,and it wont hold pressure.its a simple fix if youve ever done a cam swap.thats basicly all you have to do.remove the intake and change them out.it would be a good time to do a cam swap if you want.it would be best to do that,normally an old cam doesnt like new lifters and the other way around.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

3. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

it means the hydrualic part in the lifter has collapsed and the oil can't pump it back up to push the push rod up to open the valve allthe way. which means $$$. the carb and intake manifold needs taken off then loosen the rocker arms take out push rods and lifters. I don't know if you need a new cam if you just do lifters but if you do a cam you DO need new lifters.I just did cam lifters and timing chain on mine (first time) and its a job. make sure not to over tighten the rockers. I've still got the order of tightening of rockers if you do it yourself private me if you need it.

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford) [​IMG]

4. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

ah ok so this would couse a knocking sound too?? becouse thats what my balzer makes anyways so if is there way to tell if htats what it is for sure?

Bandit aka AJ
    Ahh look at that cute little jeep i think my 3yr old niece has one like that KNOW MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY!