Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

liftin my 91

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ok91blazer, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

i got 4 in superlift springs for the front of my 91 k5, and 4in, blocks in the rear, and was wondering would i have to lengthen my driveshafts, and how would my driveline angle be? what if i added some ord shackles? would i have to drop my t-case, and also, do i need to get a drop pittman arm?

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

a search would get you more detail but to summarize. You will need a drop pitman arm, longer brake lines, the same driveshaft can be used, and you will only need to drop the transfer case an inch if you get a vibration after lifting your blazer

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4 inches of lift is pushing the limits of the slip yoke on the driveshaft. I had a 2.5" lift and it didn't seem to like being pulled out that far. Longer brake lines yes and a dropped pitman arm couldn't hurt. That's what i would do. As for the transfer case drop, look in the channel of the framerail where the transfer case crossmember mounts. There should be 4 bolts, each with a spacer on it. Simply unbolt it, after you support the transfer case obviously, and put the spacers in-between the crossmember and the frame. Voila, instant 1 inch transfer case drop, and it really won't affect the distance between the distributor cap and the firewall. That's my 2 cents worth of experience.

Ash

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what does a drop pitman arm look like exactly im not sure just beggining at this..and i too will eventually be planning a 4" lift on mine...

Bryan

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i just lifted my 91 a few weeks ago.4"front springs,shackle flip and zero rate add a leaf in back(5").i got new stainless brake lines and a steering arm is a must.as for the driveshaft,put the lift in and see what happens.mine had some vibes,but i also swapped in 3/4 ton axles also which may or may not have a affect.i ordered a cv driveshaft from arizona driveline with the 1350 u-joints and the correct length.this solved all my vibration problems.good luck!

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what exactly cuases the viberation?

Bryan