Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifting an '01 yukon xl

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by K5DRAGER, Mar 2, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Lifting an \'01 yukon xl

Was wondering if anyone had lifted a '01 yukon xl or suburban and if they did what lift they used and how much. And if they did the lift themselves or hired someone and why? I'm a mechanic and would do it myself just wondering what ifs lifts are good and which ones are easiest to install. I'm new to this IFS stuff, so just asking, buy the way its a 1/2 ton and a solid axle conversion is out of the question right now all though I think that would be the ultimate set up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Re: Lifting an \'01 yukon xl

Ive heard by a lot of 4x4 mechanic's and ppl that put lifts on IFS trucks that Trailmaster is one of if not the best set up. Idk why but thats what ive heard. Most of the guys i know have rancho IFS lifts and like them so if i had the money for one it would be one of those. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I have installed Trailmaster and am very comfortable with their kits, however the most complete kits I've seen come from Fabtech, and Pro-Comp. They have kits with brackets for brackets and reinforcements for everything. My current truck (new to me) has a Pro-comp lift installed and it is COMPLETE let me tell ya. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I did not install the kit I bought it already on.
    I do know that on the older style kits (88-98) there was alot of cutting involved, and on the newer style(99-03) not only is there cutting but welding as well. So if you don't have a welder get one soon.
    Also you can call/Email manufactures for install instructions before you buy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good luck with it.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif