Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifting idea...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 18, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay, I have around enough money for just lifting the blazer... as it will be down for a while, I am not worrying about steering corrections/x-over steeroing yet. And I still need to find the drivetrain. Here is what I have planned:
    52" and 56" springs from ORD... zero rates in the front pushing the front 1.25 inches ahead. zero rate in the rear LIFTING the truck 1 inch (in case it sags in time) then 1 inch body lift. With the 52" springs it will give me around 4" of lift up front. And with the 56" springs, I might flip them to make 3" more wheelbase. Then get/make a shackle flip for it. So that gets me to 6 " in the back, and 5" in the rear. So I am thinking to get 2" 56 springs, and 2" 52 springs to make 8" in the rear, and 7" in the front. I am thinking out loud so hopefully this makes sense. Thanks, and input would be good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

NIX the lift springs and make up your own front spring hangers to even out the lift and you've got the setup I'm building. I got heavily trimmed fenders also. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

52s are more like 5" lift. I'd forget the front zero rates and run a flip and zero rates outback. You can drill the spring perches on your front axle to gain that 1.25" forward.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

That's too complicated, get a 6" all spring lift and be done with it! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    52s are more like 5" lift. I'd forget the front zero rates and run a flip and zero rates outback. You can drill the spring perches on your front axle to gain that 1.25" forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of zero rates in the front, I should just drill the spring perches? Thanks

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's too complicated, get a 6" all spring lift and be done with it! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

too stiff and its no fun just to bolt everything on....
    I'll show ya my windsheild banner one day /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of zero rates in the front, I should just drill the spring perches? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard is it to drill the spring perches? Is it as easy as finding the right drill bit, marking the right spot and drilling? Or is there something I have to do before? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

bump /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

eeeek, I looked at ORD's site, and noticed the 56" springs only come in 4" or 6"... see:
    [ QUOTE ]
    REAR SPRINGS

(52") 2",3",4",6" $350.00 pair 52" fits most 73 to 87, 56 is for higher gvw trucks

(56") 4",6" $380.00 pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I am stuck. I could always go with the 2.5 shackle flip, then get the 4" springs, but will that still flex alright?