Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifting my Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 11, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

What would be a good height to lift it?? I wouldn't mind 4", but I like the look of 6" with 35's. What would I have to do in order to get the 6" kit on my truck, brake lines, drive shafts, etc.?? I know with 4" you don't do anything but change the pitman arm and put blocks and springs in. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I'm partial to the 4" lift. On the trails here there are lots of fallen over trees that get caught on my wipers and scrape as they go over the truck. Would hate to see what a much taller rig would damage going through that stuff. I have 36X12.5X15 TSL Swampers and Bushwacker cutout fender flares so they will clear. Try to stay as low as possible. Just my $.02

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well I have a 6" lift. I went with superift softride on mine. i'll tell ya its rides better than factory. you install front springs and rear blocks. Had to lowerthe brake lines and new driveshafts anda drop pitman arm for steering. But that was about it. I checked its alignment afterwards and it was dead on. I used to have 36" TSL's on it as seen in the picture. but it now has 38's with a body lift under it. I debated 4" lift but I had a good friend in a 4x4 club here in oregon and his peers consult me about it. so 6 was the magic number. Hope this helps.

Tried to upload a pic but its to big of a file

4. BlueKnight

Trying it again. I think I have to make it smaller

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HOLY!!!!!!!

WOW, what a nice ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I'm talking about the truck.

6. BlueKnight

Re: HOLY!!!!!!!

Thank you. Its about 9 years in the making. I'll have some other photos uploaded in a few weeks here in the reader rigs section hopefully. It is soo fun looking down on everyone especially Fords :)