Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifting question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91k5NC, Oct 29, 2002.

1. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

alright i found my 3" body lift last night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, im going to put a 4" suspention on it here soon just wondering if it is a good idea, and if 33's would look right or not. i don't think it would look right with 7" of lift and 33's. thanks.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

7" of lift with 33's would not look right. It would look like a truck with 20" lift with 44" tires, not /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just do the 4" if you want to run the 33" tires.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

what size tire can i run with that and it look right. will the body lift mess any thing up when im doing mad! flexing.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you put the 4in spring lift in and the 3in body lift you could fit a set of 36's under it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I guess you are not wanting to do any fender trimming? If not with 7" lift you could run a 38" tire easy with a 8" wide rim, but if you went 10" wide rim you would probalby rub off road if you twisted up real good. Depends on what type of wheeling you are going to do.

Also if you go above a 35" tire your stock gearing and axles are going to suffer quite a bit aswell. This /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif building always has the domino effect /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

You're going to move a lot of stuff out of alignment with a 3" body lift. Do the suspension first, then decide. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I had 33" on my stock K5, then put a 4" susp. on it.
    I think it looks OK, but 35's and a little fender triming
    would be better. My sugestion would be, don't do body lift. Do nothing but suspension. Better in the long run
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i got a 4" and 33's and they look small. im goin 4" and 35's (if i ever get $) so i say do 4" suspension w/ 33's and go from there

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I run 4" susp + 3" body with 38x16 swampers and a lot of fender trimming. The 3.5 offset of the rim didn't help with the trimming but it doesnt rub.

Had 4" and 33's - front always rubbed with 8" rims on stock axles and rancho springs.

[​IMG]

Heres the 38's and the trimming:

[​IMG]