Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifting?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TrailBlazinK5, Feb 10, 2003.

1. TrailBlazinK5

TrailBlazinK5 Registered Member

wanting to do a 4 inch lift on my blazer and want to know if i need to extend my driveshaft or will the stock work fine??

Also another? as anyone ever made a different crossmember for there xcase to get a little more clearance?

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    wanting to do a 4 inch lift on my blazer and want to know if i need to extend my driveshaft or will the stock work fine??

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you use the truck for. The stocker will work to get you around, but will pull apart or fall out of the tcase (depending on year) if you do much with it. Go get it lengthened, it'll cost you 50 bucks.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Also another? as anyone ever made a different crossmember for there xcase to get a little more clearance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check here.

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I got a burban with a 4" suspension lift and I am sure the front driveshafts are the same lengths. You dont have to extend it, though the slip joint will wear out quickly and become loose. I have replaced mine twice. Now I can grab in the center and shake up and down, I am a little self concious about that. When I get the money I will extend it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. TrailBlazinK5

TrailBlazinK5 Registered Member

thanks for the info i figured i would have to lengthing the driveshaft...
    thanks again
    bill

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Truthfully, a lot of people do a lift like this and use the stock length driveshafts with no problems. I have about 5" in my suspension and I still use the stock driveshafts. However, I do have a 14B rear and the longer pinion put my slip yoke about back to where it was stock.

A lot of it depends on how much suspension travel you are going to see.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Depends on the truck. Every rig is different. I had to get a new rear shaft just for a 3" lift. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea truthfully that is one thing that is scareing me about doing a 4" suspension lift, is that driveshaft thing, i dont know if mine is long enough, i got a 87 shortbed pickup 4x4 sm465\np208 combo, and the 10 bolt up front and a 12 bolt axle out back, and im going R\C and those are stiff, im just crossing my fingers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Having new driveshafts made is no big deal. I had to have both shafts made when I put in my 6" lift. Just like every mod, it only takes $$$$$$$$

9. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

that is what i dont want to do is spend the $$$$$$$ on a driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif