Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Liftkit Questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DaveBlazer, Jul 4, 2000.

1. DaveBlazer

DaveBlazer Registered Member

Hey guys I'm new here you've been great! This site kicks @SS!
    I got 2 Questions
    #1 I want to lift my 88 Blazer and every kit I look at says that 88 have IFS which I don't have can I just get a kit for a older Blazer or what? This has got me stumped I don't want to order the wrong one. I'm looking at going with a 4" lift with rear springs. Any suggestions for best brand to buy for my $
    #2 Can I run 35's with just a suspention lift or will I need a body lift to? ( I'm wanting to get Centerline hellcats with BF Goodrich mud TA's)

DAVE

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

In '88 the trucks had IFS, you have to look at Blazer specific listings or just get a '73-87 kit, evrything will fit.

3. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

as jason said, look for blazer lifts, not truck lifts.

as far as brands, superlift is good (but personally i think even there superride springs are a little stiff). skyjackers' softride springs are really nice. i have been experimenting with these two, swapping springs and such.
    Alcan make custom springs and are cheaper than national custom springs, i am looking in to them (alcan are making a good name for themselves).
    some guys here recommend BDS, never tried them. never even heard of them except on this forum.
    35s w/ a 4" lift, you will need some fender adjustment (cutting!!!). or you could body lift.
    hope that helps.

Knife.

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

4 inch lift should clear 35's for city driving, unless your truck sits particularly low or the 35's are more like 36's

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com