Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifts: Rank Em'!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Dec 20, 2001.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Lifts: Rank Em\'!!

Rank these lift kits 1 through 7 with 1 being the best. I'm just trying to figure out which 6" system to get for best ride.

BDS
    Skyjacker
    Tuff Country
    Pro Comp
    Superlift
    Rough Country
    ORD Shackle Flip

Thanks everyone!!!!

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Re: Lifts: Rank Em\'!!

Well, its kinda hard for me to rank as I only have experience with 2 of them. I have Rough Country and would do it again anytime cost is s amjor consideration. While it isn't the softest, it is the best bang for the buck (IMO). For my next one, though, where I am going 6" with 39.5s, it will be:

Tuff Country 6" front
    Tuff Country 2" rear with ORD 4" shackle flip

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Also remeber you have different lines of each brand like softrides... superrides etc. Also you have to decide how much flex you want.

IMO... BDS is the best all around spring short of the spendy ones from Alcon or National. Never ridden in those but almost every other brand I have.

Skyjacker Softrides would be my second choice, they ride a bit stiffer then the BDS, but still are better then stock.

Superlift Superride springs would be third... ride very much like the BDS springs but have heard some sag and warranty hassles every once in a while. They also seem to be a bit shorter (ex. 6" springs seems like a 4" HD spring or 5" spring).

I think the unamious vote for flex goes to the TC EZ's, but I don't flex much so I haven't ridden in them. The regualr TC's are pretty decent and ride decent too. Shackle flips is the same deal... but the one thing is take a look at the vibration problems people have had after doing them as you MAY have to play around to get the angles right or buy a CV shaft. I have riddden in Wakedog's truck w/ a shackle flip and it rides great on the street. Hope this info kinda helps

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have only experienced with 3 lifts. The first lift I had was a rough country. Rode way too stiff and wouldnt flex like I need to out in the rocks. Second is Tuff country which is what I have on the Jimmy. It flexys like crazy and it rides like a big caddy. The third one is rancho which is what I have on the burb. It rids stiff, but not as bad as rough country. I also use it to tow so it works great and doesnt squat that much. Tuff country springs are too soft to tow with IMO.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I really like my Skyjacker Softride 6" springs, far superior to the thick leaved 4" lift they replaced

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I also love the Skyjacker softride springs I have for my '72 K/5.
    I have 6" front/ 8" rear springs. They're the way to go.

[REAL MEN DON"T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE OR RAPID TIRE WEAR!]
    Ryan B.

7. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>BDS</font color=red> are most likely the best bang for the buck, however I've been real pleased with my Pro-comp....you can see what kind of flex I get with it on Page 30 members ride, look at pix at Gilmore that'll be the ones with the Pro-comp lift on.
    White Knight

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by White Knight on 12/20/01 06:48 PM.</FONT></P>

8. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

I LOVE the Skyjacker Softrides I've got on my '90. I'm going to get rear springs next month. So, Skyjacker would be my first choice. On my last Blazer, I had a Tuff Country lift, and I liked it too, though it rode a little stiff. Just my .02 cents, Skyjacker Softride is hte way to go!!

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

9. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Almost forgot, when I had my '90 Z71 truck, I had a Rough Country lift on it. Don't know how the Straight Axle kits ride, but the IFS kit rode GREAT!

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

10. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Question as to how the tuff country rode too stiff. They have the lowest spring rate without going cusrom. Skyjacker front springs are 490 spring rate and the tuff countrys are 295 for ez ride, and the tuff country hd are 395.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

11. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Now I've got a very good idea as to what kind of lift to go with for the best ride and wheeling. You guys are awesome!!!

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

12. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

I have Superlift softride on rear (4") and rancho (4") and the blazer rides great .Just my 2 cents.

IT'S NOT JUST A J**P THING AND I DO UNDERSTAND