Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lifts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89 k5 blazer, Jan 26, 2003.

1. 89 k5 blazer

89 k5 blazer Registered Member

is a 6in lift to high. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

heck no..a truck is never "to high" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

No not really.
    Just what do you plan to do with your truck?

Eric

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I love my 6" suspension lift !!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I may go higher by adding a body lift next. Planning on some 37" tires in the near future. So probley gonna add a body lift and do some fender trimming. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

too high is fully dependant on what you plan on doing with the truck. If its only for the street and you plan on driving it like most people drive a honda, ya, 6 is too high. If you plan on driving it like the center of gravity is 5ft off the ground (I.e. slower through corners) and taking it off-road (even occasionally) then 6 will be fine. If you plan on splitting the difference in driving style, the more you lean toward cornering the lower the truck needs to be...

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the fact that your asking means you probably want to go with a 6 inch lift. I you get less, you will pay again when you are mentally ready!

7. 89 k5 blazer

well i have a 4in skyjacker kit and the rear seems to sag about an inch. when i bought the truck it wasen't as bad but now it's really starting to make me mad. i'm also looking into get some 36 in. boggers. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Are you useing springs or blocks in the rear ??? If springs, Some ORD Zero Rates will cure that saggy butt issue.

9. 89 k5 blazer

i've got blocks in the rear. i've heard that they flex better then springs. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

they generally do flex better on stock springs, but at some point you will wear the flex out of the stockers and will wrap them around the blocks... thats what happened to me and why my K5 is now sporting a full 4" leaf lift. If you go with a nice soft set of springs and take the leaf clip/clamp off of them when you wheel you will get much more movement. Better yet, you can get much more movement and less spring wear to flip the rear shackle. Sorry... today is my anti-block day.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I agree with the shackle flip on rear.Good soft spring up front.Blocks are for lowering street trucks and they usually cause more axle wrap.{wheel hop}. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you're still intrested in going 6" lift, get the soft 6" lift springs up front. 4" shackle flip and 2.5" lift springs in the rear. That should ride nice and flex pretty well. Now if you want some real flex in the rear, check out the Springer Suspension Now that's FLEX !!!!!!

13. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

I got a four" lift and 36x12.50 the back tires rub bad when I tuck one side on the back, nothing a sawzall can't fix. I plan to put 6" springs up front and shackle flip the back and cut what ever else is needed to clear bigger tires(when I get them) I think the lower the better, anything after 6" is a rollover whating to happen( just on what I've seen) depends on if your willing to break out the saw, with 35's though 6" is more then enough /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

A 6" lift is a good lift. You can run 36" tires with a small amount of triming, or you can run 40" tires with lots of triming. I have a 6" suspension and I am happy with it.