Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lifts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Racer497, May 24, 2003.

1. Racer497

Racer497 Newbie

Ok this may be a dumb question but I am just getting started into the 4 wheel world and I thought what better than an 89 k-5. But here is the question or questions. I am wanting to put 33's or 35s on it. Would a 2 inch lift work or would I need a 4". and where is a good place to buy the kit that dont cost an arm and a leg. ANd the other question I had. DOes anyone have a wireing chart for the blazer. I went to put a tach in and the fuse box is full of wires goin places I don't know. Like if I disconnect on wire my radio, my parking lights and my one interrior light stops working. If someone could help me it would be great.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Do a search. Everything about tire fitment and lift heights has been asked and the answers are out there.

As for wiring diagrams, go find yourself a Haynes manual down at your local auto parts store. They should have the diagram.

3. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Did you bother to search??? You should find the answers you are looking for on the tires.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Buy some manuals to start out with.... always good to have them around to read and just get general knowledge of the truck. You should be able to get the diagrams you want in them as well. You can fit 33's under a stock K5, but if you flex it up, you will rub. Most people will tell you 4" with 33's is ideal for someone starting out. Do a search and look for pictures of trucks with 33's and see what appeals to you, then go from there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

well if the you get the fever, you'll want a min 35" at some point so go with the 4". The rough country lift goes for a good price.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha..4 inch for starting out..heck ive never lifted a truck yet and im ready for a 12 incher! lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and i would if i had the money to

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im ready for a 12 incher!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im ready for a 12 incher!

[/ QUOTE ]

bwaahahahahahaha I bet your are!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif insert foot here --> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif