Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

light bar and wiring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Feb 4, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

I've seen multiple trucks with lightbars and i realy like the look. But i cant find any. Except the one on ebay.

I know CARR makes some but i could only find ones for suburbans, would these work? (i have an 84 k5)

Also how do you guys wire your lights? just run the wires through a hole in the roof or what?

2. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

As far as i know, the ones for the suburban should wourk on the k5, they are basically the same thing, just one is longer.. most light bars attach to the drip rail above your doors. (the ones i've seen at least)
    as for wireing them. thats personal preference, i have seen some drill a hole into the roof, then put a groumet in the hole, ran the wires through, then silcon the heck out of it.

3. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

carr is were i got mine from it took little time to put on u will have to cut the bar the light's go on down to the size that fits your cab. i got my light bar in place were i wanted it . then marked the cab were it was took it off put the lights on wired it upand had connectors on one side to hook under the bar at the far side of the wires to keep them from being seen. then took my head liner out to run the wires, i drilled the hole as close to the edge of the cab under the light bar as possible so it would not be seen , got my gromet put some silicon on it and ran my wires under the trim on under the dash pluged into the back of the switch ,pluged into the light bar put a little extra clear silicon on the cab and done. its been on my blazer for about 2 years and no leaks.

4. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member